Election- E-Voting Procedure
ACF TB Project
|Project period||1/4/2014 to 31/12/2016 (1/1/2017 to 30/6/2017 is under negotiation)|
- To empower community health volunteers in TB prevention and care activities for
reduction of TB disease burden in community.
- To increase early case detection and prompt treatment of hidden TB cases in urban
poor areas, rural areas and industrial zones.
- To increase the community awareness of TB.
Unlike passive case finding by receiving suspected cases at health facility, the health care providers seek the patients actively in risk population like migrants, people with HIV, displaced people and those at hard to reach areas.
Community based active case finding.
Our main strategies to control tuberculosis (TB) are –
- To detect Tuberculosis early and to support people with active disease to getearly appropriate treatment.
- To transmit correct and complete information about TB to community.
- To impart advocacy and health education to factory administrators, community leaders, volunteers and public
- To conduct monitoring and supervision visits into fields of project areas
- AEI and CS (Accountability, Equity, Inclusion and Conflict Sensitivity)
Area coverage 12 townships in 4 Regions
Population covered total population 643,892
MMA ACF TB Project
Myanmar Medical Association
Active Case Finding TB Project
Active Case Finding (ACF) is a way of looking for TB cases systematically rather than waiting for people to develop symptoms and seek treatment.
MMA ACF TB Project is a community-based TB care and implementing in (11) townships and Shwepyitha industrial zones. Active case findings via community health volunteers (CHVs) and referred to THD/NTP or MMA PPM TB scheme III GPs.
CHVs are selected with the help of THD and local authority. Then they are trained in line with national guideline to find the presumptive TB cases. Moreover, MMA ACF CHVs can perform the DOT supervision, coordinating with corresponding BHSs. In addition, CHVs conduct the health education sessions to general population on monthly basic to increase community awareness of TB.
In Shwepyitha industries, all industrial workers are TB-screened with the help of NTP mobile team and presumptive TB symptoms checklist.
Based on the project’s objectives, accountability, equity and social inclusion (AEI) concepts are linked with project cycle management.
Strategy – Community-based TB care
Funded by 3 MDG, Project Period – April 2014 – June 2017
- To empower the community health volunteers in TB prevention and care activities
- To increase early case detection and prompt treatment of hidden TB cases in urban poor, rural areas and industrial zone
- To increase the community awareness of TB
(12) Implementing Townships
|Yangon Region||Coverage Population||Trained CHVs|
|Manadalay Region||Coverage Population||Trained CHVs|
|Ayeyarwaddy Region||Coverage Population||Trained CHVs|
|Magway Region||Coverage Population||Trained CHVs|
MMA-PMD (Share with other projects)
- HR/Admin Manager
- Finance Manager
- M&E Officer
Central Office – (11) staffs
- Project Manager – (1)
- Senior Project Officer – (1)
- AEI Officer – (1)
- Operation Coordinator – (1)
- Project Officer – (1)
- Assistant Project Officer – (2)
- Finance Assistant – (1)
- Admin, Logistic and Procurement Assistant – (1)
- Office Assistant – (1)
- General Worker – (1)
Field Office – (24) staffs
- Field Medical Officer – (12)
- Field Assistant – (12)
- Trained Volunteers – (435)
HR support to Upper Myanmar TB mobile Team
- Team Leader – (2)
- X-ray Reader – (2)
- X-ray Technician – (4)
- Lab Technician – (2)
- Data Assistant – (2)
- Counselor – (2)
- Driver – (1)
- State and Regional level Advocacy/ Coordinating Meeting
- Township level Advocacy Meeting
- Recruited and Trained CHVs / Refresher Training
- HE session to increase community awareness of TB
- Presumptive TB referral to THD/NTP by CHVs
- TB screening at Shwepyitha Industrial Zones
- DOT supervision
- Contact tracing / Initial loss and defaulter tracing
- Regular Monitoring and Supervision of all project staffs
- Quarterly coordinating meeting (Field Staffs, Volunteers, THD/NTP, Other IPs)
- AEI&CS – Community Meeting/ FGD
- Organizational Capacity Development
Contact mail :[email protected]