Election- E-Voting Procedure
FACTS ABOUT PHARMACOLOGY SOCIETY, MYANMAR MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Pharmacology Society, a chapter of Myanmar Medical Association was founded in 1974. The first president was Prof. Khin Maung Tin. There are four Founding Members of Pharmacology Society before membership numbers are allotted.
- William Law, BSc, MBBS, PhD (London); Head of Dept. of Pharmacology, IM 1
- U Khin Maung Tin, MBBS, PhD (Liverpool);Lecturer and Head, Pharmacology Dept., IMM
- Gideon Maung Sein, MBBS, MPhil (London); Lecturer and Head, Pharmacology Dept., IM 1
- Dr. S.E.Smith, MB, ChB, MA, FRCP, DM (Oxford), Professor of Clinical Pharmacology,United Medical and Dental School, St. Thomas Campus, University of London, UK
All presidents and their presidential terms are shown in table.
|Sr. No.||Period (Terms)||Name of President||Degree|
|1||1974 – 1976||Prof. Dr. Khin Mg Tin||MBBS, PhD (Liverpool)|
|2||1977 – 1988||Prof. Dr. Khin Kyi Kyi||MBBS, PhD (Albata, Kanada)|
|3||1988 – 1991||Prof. Dr. Kin Ma Gyi||MBBS, PhD (London)|
|4||1991 – 1995||Prof. Dr. Win Maw||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD (London), PhD (Hon) Ygn|
|5||1995 – 1997||Prof. Dr. May Winn Aung Khin||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD (Hon) Ygn|
|6||1997 – 2001||Prof. Dr. Win Maw||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD (London), PhD (Hon) Ygn|
|7||2001 – 2003||Prof. Dr. May Winn Aung Khin||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD (Hon) Ygn|
|8||2003 – 2005||Prof. Dr. Kyan Aung||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD (London)|
|9||2005 – 2007||Prof. Dr. Kyaw||MBBS, MMedSc|
|10||2007 – 2009||Prof. Dr. Nang Hla Hla Win||MBBS, PhD (Nagoya-Japan), DipMedEd|
|11||2009 – 2011||Prof. Dr. May Hla Thwin||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD, DipMedEd|
|12||2011 – 2013||Prof. Dr. Marlar Myint||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD, DipMedEd|
|13||2013 – 2015||Prof. Dr. San San Nwet||MBBS, MMedSc, PhD, DipMedEd|
|14||2015 – 2017||Prof. Dr. Nu Nu Aye||MBBS, PhD (Yamanashi-Japan), DipMedEd|
Myanmar Medical Association (Pharmacology Society)
Vision, Mission and Objectives
Vision, Mission and Objectives
Pharmacology Society is a leading organization to generate highly qualified and committed pharmacologists to undertake continuing professional development for the health care services
Our society member should have efficient knowledge and skills to take the leadership role for further development of the pharmacology education, teaching, research and community service
To create a society for pharmacologists who have abilities, skills and attitude which are necessary to encourage continuing professional development, not only science and technology, but also clinical professional service
- To promote co-operation and co-ordination between the pharmacologists who are actively engaged in various aspects of education, research, and service in pharmacology both local and abroad
- To strengthen and update higher education program especially knowledge and skills in pharmacology and contribute towards development in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics
- To evaluate the accomplishments of individual member to be recognized as specialist in the field of clinical pharmacology
- To take social responsibility and accountability contributing more efficiently in health education program and community service to meet the needs of the country
Bylaws (Adopted February 26, 2017)
Article I. Members
SECTION 1. Membership
Categories ITEM 1. Life Members. Any post-graduate degree holder (MMedSc-Pharmacology or PhD-Pharmacology or both) shall be eligible for membership.
ITEM 2. Pro Members. Post graduate students shall be eligible for proposal as pro-members. They shall have the privileges of membership.
SECTION 2. Nomination of Members
Proposal of Nominees. Nominees for membership shall be proposed by one life member of the Society. Nominations may be submitted at any time during the year. Review of applications by the Executive Committee shall occur on a regular basis.
SECTION 3. Expulsion of Members
The Executive Committee, for appropriate reason the member shall be notified in writing and given an opportunity for a hearing before Executive Committee, to be held no sooner than 30 days following such notification. A vote of three-fourths of the members voting at an annual meeting shall be required for expulsion.
ARTICLE II. Officers
The office of the society stands on the department of the President. The officers are Executive Committee members. Most of executive committee members are from academia and some are from FDA and industry.
SECTION 1. Eligibility
Life members are eligible for election to the Executive Committee of the chapter.
SECTION 2. Executive Committee members
Executive Committee members consisting of Patrons, the President, who shall chair the society, the Vice President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Joint Secretary, the Joint Treasurer, and other representative Executive Committee members from academia, research, FDA and industry.
ITEM 1. President. A President-Elect shall be elected two-yearly and shall assume the office on the April 1st following the election. The President-Elect shall become President immediate after election.
ITEM 2. Secretary/Treasurer. A Secretary/Treasurer-Elect shall be elected two-yearly and shall assume the office on the April 1st following the election. The Secretary/Treasurer-Elect shall become Secretary/Treasurer immediate after election.
ITEM 3. Executive Members. One Executive Member shall be elected two-yearly.
ITEM 4. Patron. Retired active life members who have contributed his/her effort for the development and success of the society
ARTICLE III. Nomination of Elected Executive Committee Members
SECTION 1. Nomination and Election Procedures
ITEM 1. Method of Election. Election shall be by secret ballot.
ITEM 2. Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee shall consist of the Secretary/Treasurer, and immediate Past-President to serve as non-voting chair.
ITEM 3. Election Certification. General Secretary the Executive Committee shall certify the election results.
ITEM 4. Election Ballot. The election ballot shall contain at least two nominations provided by the Nominating Committee for President-Elect, Secretary/Treasurer-Elect, and Executive Committee members. Listing of names on the ballots shall be by alphabetical order. Tie votes shall be resolved by a vote of the immediate Past-President, President, and President-Elect.
ITEM 5. Election Results. Announcement of election results shall be made to the membership by the President immediately after the election.
ARTICLE IV. Finances
SECTION 1. Annual Assessments
ITEM 1. Members. Newly elected members shall become entitled to the privileges of membership only after payment of dues following their election.
ITEM 2. Annual Dues. Annual dues for Life and Pro members shall be determined by the EC members. These dues shall be payable on January 1st of each year. Any member who fails to pay his/her annual dues by April 1st or fails to pay any assessments and fees when due, shall be given notice by the Secretary that his/her membership will be terminated 30 days thereafter unless all delinquent dues, assessments and fees are paid within that period. Dues paid after April 1st may be subject to late fee penalty as determined by the Executive Committee members. A member suspended for non-payment of dues shall be reinstated to his/her membership upon payment of dues, assessments or fees. Any member who tenders his/her resignation from the Society at any time after he/she was officially accepted a member, shall not receive any refund of dues.
SECTION 2. General Fund
All funds accruing to the Society shall be deposited by the Treasurer to an account in the name of the Society. All disbursements shall be approved by the Board of Directors. Checks shall be signed by two of the following: President and Treasurer/JointTreasurer.
General fund shall cover the operating expenses of the Society and shall be provided by the annual per capita dues from each member and continuing medical education related revenues.
Beyond the expenditures required by the ordinary activities of the Society, no money from the general fund account shall be disbursed.
SECTION 3. Finance Committee
There shall be a Finance Committee consisting of five Executive Committee members of the chapter. The Secretary/Treasurer of the Chapter shall serve as Chair, and the Joint Secretary/Treasurer, and the Past Secretary/Treasurer shall be members of this Committee. The other members shall be appointed by the President, subject to approval by the Executive Committee members. The term of office for all appointed members of the Committee shall be for two years.
SECTION 4. Annual Report
The Secretary/Treasurer shall give a financial report on all funds at the annual meeting.
ARTICLE V. Meetings
SECTION 1. General Meetings
General Meetings shall be held quarterly while emergency meetings shall be called by the President as the need arises.
ITEM 1. Scientific Meetings. The Society shall hold at least one annual scientific meeting each year at a time and place approved by the Myanmar Medical Association. Other scientific meetings may be held at times and places determined by the Society and Myanmar Medical Association.
ITEM 2. Business Meetings. A Business Meeting shall be scheduled at the regular, annual scientific meeting. Other business meetings may be held at times and places determined by the Executive Committee. Notification of meetings will be provided at least four weeks in advance of the time and place of such meetings. Twelve members shall constitute a quorum.
SECTION 2. Quorum
Majority of EC members (50% plus 1) shall constitute a quorum in any Executive Committee meeting. Twenty five percent (25%) of active members are considered the majority and is required to conduct business and approve amendments of the Constitution and Bylaws.
SECTION 3. Programs
ITEM 1. Arrangement of Programs. The Society shall designate one or more of its members to arrange scientific programs and shall appoint a Program Committee to assist in this task.
ITEM 2. Presentation of Papers. The Society shall establish regulations governing the presentation of papers at EC meetings. Regulations shall be published in a Call for Papers.
ITEM 3. The Chapter requires investigators to affirm that original studies reported at the scientific programs have been carried out in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki and/or with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals as adopted by the Ethical Review Boards of Department of Medical Research/Medical Universities.
SECTION 4. Procedure
The rules contained in MMA shall govern the conduct of business sessions when these are applicable and not inconsistent with this Constitution and Bylaws.
ARTICLE VI. Amendment of Bylaws
Adoption, alternation, or repeal of bylaws may be changed. Upon a favorable vote of two-thirds of the members present, the motion shall be submitted to the membership at large by ballot. Final passage shall require a three-fifths majority vote of the members responding within 30 days after submission.
ARTICLE VII. Conflict of Interest
Any committee member having an interest in a contract or other transaction or determination presented to the committee for recommendation, authorization, approval or ratification shall give a prompt, full and frank disclosure of his/her interest to the Council or committee prior to its acting on such contract or transaction. The body to which such disclosure is made shall thereupon determine, by majority vote, whether the disclosure shows that a conflict of interest exists or can reasonably be construed to exist. If a conflict is deemed to exist, such person shall not vote on, nor use his/her personal influence on, nor participate (other than to present factual information or to respond to questions) in the discussion or deliberations with respect to such contract, transaction or determination. Such person may not be counted in determining the existence of a quorum at any meeting where the contract, transaction, or determination is under discussion or is being voted upon. The minutes of the meeting shall reflect the disclosure made, the vote thereon, and, where applicable, the abstention from voting and participation, and whether a quorum was present.
ARTICLE VIII. Nondiscrimination
The persons served by this society shall be selected in a non-discriminatory manner with respect to age, sex, race, national origin, and political or religious opinion or affiliation.
There are 210 life members including thirteen patrons. Pro members are 37 postgraduate students. No other member categories.
|1||Prof. Dr. Khin Kyi Kyi*||31||Prof. Dr. Khin Thane Oo|
|2||Prof. Dr. Kin Ma Gyi||32||Dr. Khin Chit|
|3||Dr. San Lwin||33||Prof. Dr. Yee Yee Tin|
|4||Dr. Khin Shein||34||Dr. Myint Myint Thein|
|5||Dr. Saw J Tha||35||Dr. Zaw Tun Thein|
|6||Prof. Dr. Khin Nyunt Than||36||Dr. May Aye Than*|
|7||Prof. Dr. May Winn Aung Khin||37||Dr. Theingi Zin|
|8||Dr. Aung Naing||38||Dr. Nwe Nwe Yee|
|9||Prof. Dr. Kyan Aung||39||Dr. Win Win May|
|10||Dr. Thida Hla||40||Dr. Khine Khine Lwin|
|11||Prof. Dr. Win Maw||41||Prof. Dr. Khin Mar Myint|
|12||Prof. Dr. Khin Maung Myint||42||Prof. Dr. Nu Nu Aye|
|13||Dr. Khin Maung Oo||43||Dr. Kyi Kyi Tha|
|14||Dr. Win Win Kywe||44||Prof. Dr. Khin Ohmar Kyaing|
|15||Prof. Dr. Mya Mya Than||45||Dr. Khin Hnin Swe|
|16||Dr. Cho Cho Myint||46||Dr. Aye Aye Toe|
|17||Dr. Thiri Tun Myint||47||Dr. Khin Than Yee|
|18||Prof. Dr. Kyaw||48||Dr. Shin Hnaung Lwin|
|19||Dr. Thant Syn Shein||49||Dr. Min Thura|
|20||Dr. Thaw Zin||50||Dr. Aye Khine Nyun|
|21||Dr. Khin Lin*||51||Dr. Myat Min|
|22||Prof. Dr. Marlar Myint||52||Dr. Aye Soe|
|23||Prof. Dr. May Hla Thwin||53||Dr. Moe Kyaw|
|24||Prof. Dr. San San Nwe||54||Dr. Nwe Nwe Than|
|25||Dr. Khin Sanda||55||Dr. Myat Myat Soe|
|26||Dr. Su Su Hlaing||56||Dr. Tin Wah Wah Win|
|27||Prof. Dr. Thein May Saw||57||Dr. Thant Hlaing|
|28||Prof. Dr. Nan Hla Hla Win||58||Dr. Moe Moe Thin|
|29||Dr. Aung Htay Oo||59||Dr. Myat Thu Thu Win|
|30||Dr. Hnin Hnin Tin||60||Dr. Tin Moe Thwe|
|61||Dr. Zaw Zaw Htet||91||Dr. Kyaw Zwar Htoon|
|62||Dr. Khin Nyo Nyo||92||Dr. Nang Kham Nwan|
|63||Dr. Moh Moh Kyi||93||Dr. Wah Wah Oo|
|64||Dr. Aye Aye Swe||94||Dr. Aung Khin Sint|
|65||Dr. Nay Win Naing||95||Dr. Htet Phone Aung|
|66||Dr. Win Htut Aung||96||Dr. Kay Thwe Aung|
|67||Dr. Myo Thandar Htut||97||Dr. Kyaw Soe|
|68||Dr. Latt Latt Win||98||Dr. Mya Thuzar|
|69||Dr. K Khine Thu||99||Dr. Nwe Nwe Soe|
|70||Dr. Zaw Min Latt||100||Dr. Phone Myint Ko*|
|71||Dr. Myat Mon Thuzar||101||Dr. Pyae Sohn|
|72||Dr. Htay Yee||102||Dr. Shwe Linn Aung|
|73||Dr. Thein Soe||103||Dr. Soe Moe Aung|
|74||Dr. Nilar Thant||104||Dr. Soe Soe Kyi|
|75||Dr. Wut Hmone||105||Dr. Tin Htay Naing|
|76||Dr. Aung Pyae Phyo||106||Dr. Ye Lin Kyaw|
|77||Dr. Nweni Win||107||Dr. Aye Nyein Myat|
|78||Dr. Thant Zin Win||108||Dr. Ei Ei Mon|
|79||Dr. Thin Thin Tun||109||Dr. Myat Moe Kyi|
|80||Dr. Zaw Hlaing Oo||110||Dr. Naing Thar Myint|
|81||Dr. Yin Moe Thwe||111||Dr. Phyo Thinzar Oo|
|82||Dr. Thida Tun||112||Dr. Kyaw Zeya Win|
|83||Dr. Thin Yu Aung||113||Dr. Cho Cho Mar|
|84||Dr. Aung Kyaw Moe||114||Dr. Mi Mi Nyo Htike|
|85||Dr. Aung Htet||115||Dr. Soe Yu Zaw|
|86||Dr. Min Wun||116||Dr. Chan Mya Aye|
|87||Dr. Thin Thin Toe||117||Dr. Cho Nwe Oo|
|88||Dr. Lwin Moe May||118||Dr. Ei Ei Khin|
|89||Dr. Soe Soe Htwe||119||Dr. Htin Lin Naing Soe|
|90||Dr. Tin Nwe Oo||120||Dr. Kyi Phyo Latt|
|121||Dr. Myo Kyaw Swar||153||Dr. Min Lwin Soe|
|122||Dr. Myo Thuzar||154||Dr. Myo Thiha|
|123||Dr. Pyae Phyo Paing||155||Dr. Naing Linn Tun|
|124||Dr. Sithu Nyein||156||Dr. Nyi Nyi Win|
|125||Dr. Than Htike Win||157||Dr. Phyo Pa Pa Wai|
|126||Dr. Thet Tun Aung||158||Dr. Zaw Min Thant|
|127||Dr. Myint Myint Than||159||Dr. Khin Hnin Pwint|
|128||Dr. Maung Myo||160||Dr. Htar Yu Win|
|129||Dr. Zaw Min Aung||161||Dr. Naing Htet Swe|
|130||Dr. Htet Min Thu||162||Dr. Han Linn Aung|
|131||Dr. Myo Tun Lin||163||Dr. Thu Hein Min|
|132||Dr. Myo Ko Ko||164||Dr. Aung Thar Htun|
|133||Dr. Pyae Sone Tun||165||Dr. Khin Thant Zin|
|134||Dr. Mi Mi Zin||166||Dr. Yi Yi Htun|
|135||Dr. Nyi Nyi Zaw||167||Dr. Than Naing Oo|
|136||Dr. Phyu Phyu Myo Kyaw||168||Dr. Nilar Win Htut|
|137||Dr. Hein Bo Bo||169||Dr. Cho Mg Mg Myint|
|138||Dr. Aung Kyaw Than||170||Dr. Htet Wai Moe|
|139||Dr. Min Thein Tun||171||Dr. Nyein Chan Aung|
|140||Dr. Sithu Naing Min||172||Dr. Aung Myo Thein|
|141||Dr. Ye Mon||173||Dr. Aye Thi Khaing|
|142||Dr. Nyan Tun Aung||174||Dr. Nang Omg Khan|
|143||Dr. Thet Naing Oo||175||Dr. Min Nandar Htun|
|144||Dr. Thurein Lynn||176||Dr. Phyo Kyaw Htun|
|145||Dr. Zaw Lin Aung||177||Dr. Sithu Min|
|146||Dr. Aung Kyaw Moe||178||Dr. Thura Maung Maung|
|147||Dr. Aung Ko Win||179||Dr. Tin Htoo Aung|
|148||Dr. Aung Thura Myo||180||Dr. Ye Mahn Hein|
|149||Dr. Htet Aung||181||Dr. Yin New Khaing|
|150||Dr. Htet Htet||182||Dr. Thandar Oo Hlaing|
|151||Dr. Khine Mar Zaw||183||Dr. Aye Win Han|
|152||Dr. Kyaw Thu Aung||184||Dr. Myat Htet Thin|
|185||Dr. Shwe Su Mon||203||Dr. Phyo Waiu Zin|
|186||Dr. Thandar Aye Shein||204||Dr. Khin Hnin Aye|
|187||Dr. Su Wai Wai Lwin||205||Dr. Myo Nanda Aung|
|188||Dr. Aye Pwint Phyu||206||Dr. Htet Htet Aung|
|189||Dr. Ei Mon Kyaw||207||Dr. Ei Pyae Phyo Aung|
|190||Dr. Phyo Kyaw Lynn||208||Dr. Ei Mon Mon Hlaing|
|191||Dr. Yin Lae Wai||209||Dr. Yee Mon Oo|
|192||Dr. Aye Win Maw||210||Dr. Ei Ei Aung|
|193||Dr. Kyaw Than Htay|
|194||Dr. Maw Than Htike|
|195||Dr. Mi Kun Kaw San|
|196||Dr. Thet Htar Aye|
|197||Dr. Thandar Htar Lwin|
|198||Dr. Kyaw Ko Ko Lwin|
|199||Dr. May June San|
|200||Dr. Su Mon Thwe|
|201||Dr. Nyein Chan Pyae|
|202||Dr. Aye Aye Mya|
Message from the President
It is a great honor to serve as the President of the Pharmacology Society under the umbrella of Myanmar Medical Association during the 2015 – 2017 academic years.
Pharmacological Society was founded in 1974. Till now there are twelve presidents who have contributed their effort for the development and sustainable success of the society.
Generally, pharmacologists should be involved in teaching, research and service in clinical pharmacology. At first the Pharmacologists are trained locally as well as abroad as pharmacologists mainly involved in biomedical science, so that their contribution also mainly involved in teaching and research. Now the Pharmacologists are being trained to pursue their career as clinical Pharmacologist to fulfill the health care needs especially for evaluation of quality, safety and efficacy of drugs, promotion of rational use of medicines according to therapeutic guidelines based on scientific evidence and prevention of drug related problems for patient safety. The aim of our society is to be a leading organization to generate highly qualified and committed pharmacologists to undertake continuing professional development for the health care services.
I am deeply grateful to Executive Committee members, for their leadership and considerable contributions. I am inspired by their commitment to our Society and all of their achievements. Indeed, the growth of Pharmacology Society has been propelled collectively by the individuals and all the past presidents and past members of the Executive Committee. I look forward to continuing this endeavor with strong team spirit towards fulfilling the mission of our Pharmacology Society.
Prof. Dr. Nu Nu Aye
MBBS, PhD, DipMedEd
President (2015 – 2017)
Myanmar Medical Association
Executive Committee Members (2015 – 2017)
- Prof. Dr. Kin Ma Gyi
- Prof. Dr. May Winn Aung Khin
- Prof. Dr. Khin Nyunt Than
- Prof. Dr. Win Maw
- Prof. Dr. Mya Mya Than
- Prof. Dr. Kyan Aung
- Prof. Dr. Khin Maung Myint
- Prof. Dr. U Kyaw
- Prof. Dr. Malar Myint
- Dr. Thiri Tun Myint
- Dr. Cho Cho Myint
- Prof. Dr May Hla Thwin
- Dr. Thaw Zin
President – Prof. Dr. Nu Nu Aye (Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 2, Yangon)
Vice president – Prof. Dr. Thein May Saw (Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine, Mandalay)
- Dr. San San Nwet, Rector, University of Pharmacy, Yangon
- Dr. Nang Hla Hla Win, Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 1, Yangon
- Dr. Yee Yee Tin, Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine, Magway
- Dr. Khin Ohnmar Kyaing , Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Defence Services Medical Academy, Ministry of Defense Services
- Dr. Khin Thane Oo, Professor and Head (Retired), Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine, Mandalay
- Latt Latt Win, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pharmacy, Yangon
- Nwe Nwe Than, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 1, Mandalay
- Cho Cho Mar, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine, Magway
- Kyaw Zwar Htoon, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, Defense Services Medical Academy, Ministry of Defense Services
- Aye Soe, Lecturer and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Dental Medicine, Yangon
- Myo Thu Zar, Assistant lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, University of Dental Medicine, Yangon
- Mya Thu Zar, Lecturer and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Nursing, Yangon
- Yin Nwe Khine, Assistant lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, University of Nursing, Yangon
- Thin Thin Htun, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pharmacy, Mandalay
- Soe Soe Kyi, Lecturer and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Dental Medicine, Mandalay
- Dr Win Htut Aung, Lecturer and Head, Department of Pharmacology, University of Nursing, Mandalay
- Yee Yee Htun, Assistant lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, University of Nursing, Mandalay
- Tin Moe Thwe, Lecturer and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Military Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences, Yangon
- Zaw Zaw Htet, Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, Military Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences, Yangon
- Aung Htay Oo, Director, Central Research and Development Centre, Ministry of Industry, Yangon
- Theingi Zin, Director, Department of Food and Drug Administration (Drug), Ministry of Health and Sport, Nay-Pyi-Taw
- Khin Chit, Deputy Director General, Department of Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Sport, Nay-Pyi-Taw
- Tin Wah Wah Win, Deputy Director, Department of Food and Drug Administration (Drug), Ministry of Health and Sport, Nay-Pyi-Taw
- Khine Khine Lwin, Deputy Director, Pharmacology Research Division, Department of Medical Research, Yangon
- Min Wun, Research Scientist, Pharmaceutical Toxicology Research Division, Department of Medical Research, Yangon
Secretary – Dr. Shin Hnaung Lwin (Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 2, Yangon)
Joint Secretary – Dr. Aye Soe (Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 2, Yangon)
Treasurer – Professor Khin Mar Myint (Head, Department of Training, University of Medicine 1, Yangon)
Joint Treasurer – Dr. Lwin Moe May (Lecturer Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine 1, Yangon)
Contact link to EC members
|1||Prof.U Win Maw||09254308619||[email protected]|
|2||Prof. Dr. May Hla Thwin||095004826||[email protected]|
|3||Prof.Dr. San San Nwet||0933116366||[email protected]|
|4||Prof. Dr. Nang Hla Hla Win||095189928/09965189928||[email protected]|
|5||Prof. Dr. Nu Nu Aye||095140735/09799177198||[email protected]|
|6||Prof. Dr. Thein May Saw||095160575/09785160575||[email protected]|
|7||Prof. Dr. Yee Yee Tin||09798104350/095340758||[email protected]|
|8||Prof. Dr. Khin Ohnmar Kyaing||09250182926||[email protected]gmail.com|
|9||Dr. Khin Chit||095113451||[email protected]|
|10||Dr. Theingi Zin||095197673||[email protected]|
|11||Dr. Aung Htay Oo||095014689||[email protected]|
|12||Prof. Dr. Khin Mar Myint||095505605||[email protected]|
|13||Dr. Khine Khine Lwin||09250084728||[email protected]|
|14||Dr. Nwe Nwe Than||092026350||[email protected]|
|15||Dr. Latt Latt Win||095089229||[email protected]|
|16||Dr. Tin Moe Thwe||09421006941/09798849935||[email protected]|
|17||Dr. Shin Hnaung Lwin||095412407||[email protected] gmail.com|
|18||Dr. Aye Soe||095124161||[email protected]|
|19||Dr. Kyaw Zwar Htoon||0973229439||[email protected]|
|20||Dr. Min Wun||095120760||[email protected]|
|21||Dr. Zaw Zaw Htet||09451243596||[email protected]|
|22||Dr. Lwin Moe Mayfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|23||Dr. Myo Thuzar||095027120||[email protected]|
|24||Dr. Mya Thuzaremail@example.com|
|25||Dr. Yi Yi Htun||0991012510/09798881698||[email protected] gmail.com|
|26||Dr. Soe Soe Kyi||092024174/09797510227||[email protected]|
|27||Dr. Thin Thin Tun||092026373||[email protected]|
- Regular EC meetings, emergency EC meetings
- Annual meeting
- Developed and taken consensus on Vision, mission, aims and objectives
- Taken approval on Society Logo and its use
- Developed curriculum for Diploma in Clinical Pharmacology and revised
- Celebrated an honored ceremony for Prof. Dr. Daw Kin Ma Gyi for her achievement of (“ျပည္သူ႔အတြက္ ေဆး၀ါးေဗဒအသံုးခ်သိပၸံဘာသာရပ္ ဒသမအႀကိမ္သုတစြယ္စံုစာေပဆု”)
- Talk on “National poisoning control centre at DMR”
- Donated 100000 kyats for Nepal Earthquake
- Donated 500000 kyats to flood victims
- Attended and got certificates of Biostatistics course (Basic as well as Intermediate course) at MMA
- Made collaborative activities with other societies such as Physiology & Biochemistry, Paediatric Medicine and Pain societies
- Made discussions on National drug Policy
- Donated the 400 books of (“ျပည္သူ႔အတြက္ထူးထူးျခားျခားေဆး၀ါးမ်ား”) written and published by Prof. Dr. Kin Ma Gyi to the public through Myanmar Book Aid and Preservation Foundation
- Published full papers at local science journals and abstracts in international journal
- Made oral as well as poster presentation at local and international conferences
- Regular EC meetings, emergency EC meetings
- Discussion on achievement of Diploma course
- Conducted the “seminar on role of Pharmacologists and future plan of utilization of Pharmacologists in academic, research and health services in Myanmar” and made action plans
- Planned to do the seminar or Conference on “Applied Pharmacology in Clinical Practice” coming academic year 2018
- Reconstituted the Pharmacology Post Graduates Registration Board, Myanmar Medical Council (Ten members)
- Planned to apply Specialist Registration Proposal to Myanmar Medical Councilto get specialist registration within 2017
- Attended and got certificates of Biostatics course (Basic course) at Myanmar Medical Association
- Attended and made paper presentation at conferences
- Published papers at local science journals
- Made oral as well as poster presentation at local and international conferences
- Accomplished address book of all members, 2016 and delivered to life as well as pro members of Pharmacology society and donated to Myanmar Medical Association
- Celebrated paying homage to over 70 years old honorable senior Pharmacologists at Yangon and Mandalay
- Donated 520000 kyats to Paying Homage Ceremony to Senior Members of Myanmar Medical Association
- Attended and made paper presentation at 45th MHRC, DMR and got several awards
- Developed Constitution and bylaw of Pharmacology Society
- Issued certificates of membership
- Designed and made seal of Pharmacology Society
- Planned to conduct “Symposium on Perspective of Integrated Teaching”
- Prepared to conduct annual meeting
Best Paper, Best Poster Award holding members of Pharmacology Society, Myanmar Medical Association (5.1.2015 – 13.1.2017)
- Effect of seed juice extract of Punica granatum Linn. on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction. Nwe Nwe Than, Associate Professor, Pharmacology Department, UMM, Basic Research, Best Paper (First Prize), 43rd Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 5.1.2015 – 9.1.2015
- Lipid lowering effect and antioxidant effect of atorvastatin and rosuvastatin in Myanmar hypercholestrolemic subjects. Nilar Win Htut, Assistant Lecturer,Pharmacology Department, UM2, Young Researcher Award, 43rd Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 5.1.2015 – 9.1.2015
- hs-CRP lowering effects of ramipril, valsartan and amlodipine in hypertensive patients, Shin Hnaung Lwin, Associate Professor, Pharmacology Department, UM.2, Best Paper (Third Prize) Award, 62nd Myanmar Medical Conference (MMA), Yangon, 15-1- 2016-21.1.2016
- Perception and practice of drug sellers in selected townships in Yangon Region on antibiotics sale without prescription, Khin Hnin Pwint, Research Scientist, Pharmaceutical Toxicology, Department of Medical Research, Yangon, Best paper award (second prize) for health system Research, 44th Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 5.1.2016 – 9.1.2016
- Perception and practice of private pharmacies in Nyaung Lay Pin Township on antibiotics sale without prescription, Nyi Nyi Win, Research Scientist, Pharmacology Research Division, Department of Medical Research, Yangon, Best paper award (third prize) for basic research & Young researcher award, 44th Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 5.1.2016 – 9.1.2016
- In-Vitro Anti-Microbial Activity of The Leaves of Calatropis gigantea (Mayo-Gyi) on Some Bacteria Causing Diarrhoea,Min Thein Htun, Captain, အမွတ္ (၂၂)၊ ကုတင္ (၁၀၀) ဆန္႔၊ တပ္မေတာ္ေဆး႐ံု (Best Paper Second Prize), 23rd Myanmar Military Medical Conference (2016)
- Comparative Study of Lipid Lowering Effect and Safety of Atorvastatin Alone and Atorvastatin-Fenofibrate Combination in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with Combined Hyperlipidaemic Patients Than Naing Oo, Medical Officer, Defense Service Medical Research Centre, NayPyiTaw, (Poster First Prize), 23rd Myanmar Military Medical Conference (2016)
- Perceptions of Newly Graduated Military Doctors towards Preparedness for Practice,Htet Phone Aung, တပ္ခြဲမွဴး၊ စစ္ေျမျပင္၊ ေဆးတပ္ရင္း (ဗန္းေမာ္) (Poster Second Prize), 23rd Myanmar Military Medical Conference (2016)
- Rapid Quality Assessment of Different Brands of Anti-Malarial Drugs by Thin Layer Chromatography,Nyein Chan Aung, Medical Officer, Defense Service Medical Research Centre, Nay Pyi Taw, (Poster Third Prize), 23rd Myanmar Military Medical Conference (2016)
- Antioxidant and Lipid Lowering Effects of Green Tea (Camellia sinensis ) Extract, Catechin, in Human Volunteers,Dr .Win Htut Aung, Associate Professor, Pharmacology Department, UMM (Best Paper Award), First Research Conference and Paper Competition, 2016, UOM, Mandalay
- Effect of misoprostol on the pharmacokinetics of sustained release diclofenac in healthy volunteers, Htet Htet Aung,Assistant Lecturer, Pharmacology Department, UM.2,(Best paper Award), 17th Myanmar Pediatric and Medical Specialties Conference28.10.16 – 28.10.16
- Effect of Omeprazole on Pharmacokinetics of Metformin in Healthy Volunteers, Ei Ei Aung, Assistant Lecturer, Pharmacology Department, UMM, (Best paper for Basic Research, First Prize), 45th Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 9.1.2017 – 13.1.2017
- Hypoglycemic effect of Terminalia chebula (Phan-kha-thee) on Diabetic Albino Rats Models,Dr. Ei Pye Phyo Aung,Assistant Lecturer, Pharmacology Department, UM.2, (Best paper for Basic Research, Second Prize), 45th Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 9.1.2017 – 13.1.2017
- Hepatoprotective effect of ethanolic extract of Andrographis paniculata Nees (Say-gha-gyi) leaves on Paracetamol-induced hepatotoxicity in Albino Rats, Ei Mon Mon Hlaing,Assistant Lecturer, Pharmacology Department, UM.2, (Young Researcher Award, Basic Research Paper), 45th Myanmar Health Research Congress, DMR, Yangon, 9.1.2017 – 13.1.2017