Myanmar Society of Endocrinology & Metabolism
Vision of MSEM
To advance excellence in endocrinology and diabetes by promoting education, medical practice and research to the benefit of our people.
Mission of MSEM
- Deliver education and support research by its year round educational activities and biannual medical conference intended for clinicians
- develop and disseminate evidence-based clinical guideline
- organise training activities
- work closely with the international scientific community, other societies and institutions to expand and disseminate knowledge
- work to the highest ethical standards
MSEM Academic activities
MSEM conducted the following CME activities:
- CME programme (workshops, scientific talks, etc.)
- Members of MSEM
- Postgraduate students, Specialists
- General practitioners
- Endocrine conference
- Holding conference biannually since 2015 (previously annually)
- Sending delegates/representatives abroad to attend conferences
- Drawing guidelines
- Myanmar Insulin Guideline Book 2014 (published)
- Contributed Diabetes and Endocrine portion in Therapeutic Manual book (Internal Medicine)
- Consensus for management of Diabetes Mellitus among persons with COVID-19 in Myanmar (29-9-2020)
Significant academic activities
- MSEM hosted 19th ASEAN endocrine conference in Myanmar, collaboration with Endocrine society US, International society of Endocrinology UK as biannual international conference in Nov 9-12, 2017.
- By the amicable relation of president Prof Than Than Aye & Prof Mary E Harman, who is international health adviser and member of “Think Tank”, Millennium Project, Washington DC, “Scientific Paper Writing and Publication Workshop” was successfully conducted on 25th and 26th of April, 2017 for postgraduate and doctorates students in all medical universities in Myanmar.
- Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management, Myanmar (CCEBDM, MM), International Diabetes Federation certified one year term-certificate course was started in May 2018 in collaboration with MMDA and Public Health Foundation of India. It was conducted as 2 centers in Yangon and 1 center in Mandalay. 2nd cycle commenced in 2019 June in 2 centers in Yangon, 1 center in Mandalay and 1 center in Taungoo and final exam of 2nd cycle was already hold in September 2020.
Power Points (2019)
- Latest Mx of Dyslipidaemia in DM – MMA Taunggyi (15 Feb 2019)
- From Guideline to CLinical Practice – DM – Bago Symposium (14 March 2019)
- SU – review its role in current daily practice (17 March 2019)
- Is it enough with antidiabetic drugs alone (27 March 2019)
- Erectile Dysfunction 2019