Youth Development Project
|Brief History||Started in 2003 April, own initiative.
UNFPA supported some activities after 2005.
Become project in 2007 supported by UNFPA.
Supported by UNFPA , UNESCO
- To disseminate basic health knowledge among youth and motivate them adopting healthy behaviors.
- To equip youth with leadership skills to enhance youth participation in youth programme and other youth development activities
- To create youth-friendly environment where youth can build their capacity for future development.
15-24 years of age youth in 10 States and Regions.
Mobile application covered whole country.
- Basic Training (Happy and Health Adolescent Life) (122 session, 5332 trainees)
- Skill Development Training (37 sessions, 1443 trainees)
- Youth Leadership Development Training (22 sessions, 839 trainees)
- Capacity Development for Project Staff
- Peer Education to the General Youth (2726 sessions, participants 27260)
- Special events for promoting HIV/AIDS Knowledge
- Participation in Youth Events
- Production of training aids and materials
- Telephone Counselling on HIV/ARH
- Dissemination of ARH and HIV information through mass media (website, FM radio, Story DVD, Anyeint DVD, HIV Song Karaoke DVD, TV series DVD)
- Centre-based youth activities
- Social services (own funded)