Election- E-Voting Procedure
PPM TB Project
|Funding Agency||Global Fund (GFATM)|
|Brief History||2006||13 townships (GFATM grant)|
|2007||19 townships (3DF bridge fund)|
|2008||23 townships (3DF)|
|2011||101 townships (GFATM Round 9)|
|2013||119 townships (GFATM NFM)|
|2014||122 townships (GFATM NFM)|
|2015||125 townships (GFATM NFM)|
|2016||135 townships (GFATM NFM)|
- To improve access and expanding reach to tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment services under DOTS and thereby improve the quality of care for the patients suffering from Tuberculosis in various townships in Myanmar.
- To ensure equitable access to quality TB care for all people with TB, especially the poor and marginalized seeking health services from private health providers especially from the MMA members.
- To facilitate linkages between public health providers to National TB program in order to promote international standards for TB care in diagnosis, treatment and in discharging public health responsibilities.
- To develop technical and managerial skill of MMA members in TB care and control.
To conduct Scheme I (referral), Scheme II (referral and DOTS) and Scheme III (comprehensive case holding) by organizing private GPs and private hospitals
Area coverage of MMA TB Project (2016)
|Area coverage:||5 States, 7 Divisions and Naypyitaw Council;|
|(135 scheme I townships; 45 scheme III townships).|
|GPs:||1426 actively involving GPs in scheme I townships and 260 GPs in
Scheme III townships.
|Private hospitals:||6 Private hospitals.|
Population covered: total population 26,334,530
Activities of MMA PPM TB (2014/15)
- Presumptive TB referral (Scheme I)
- TB case management (Scheme III)
- MDR TB patient support and community awareness raising on MDR TB
- TB-HIV collaborative activity (HCT)
- Private hospital involvement in TB control
- Operational research
- Social and nutritional support to TB patients
- Establishment of private labs and sputum collection points
- Training: training for GPs and project staff
- Meeting: PPM Coordinating meetings at different levels
- Monitoring and Supervision activities (PPM staff, NTP joint visits)
- Assignment of Lab technicians to support NTP
- Involvement of PPM community facilitators (PCF) in PPM TB network and community orientation session
- Provision of monetary incentives for PPM GPs