|Project period||5th February 2015 to 31st December 2017|
|Aim||To reduce the incidence of, and mortality related to, MDR-TB in Myanmar.|
|Brief History||2013 – Pilot patient centered community-based MDR-TB care and support model with USAID CAP-TB FHI360 in 2 townships and PMDT training to GPs in 18 townships.
Expanded to 4 townships on community-based MDR-TB care and electronic recording and reporting DOT Sync.Phased out in Sept:2015.
Feb: 2015 – implemented patient-centered community-based MDRTB care and treatment support model in 8 townships with 3MDG.
2016 – 13 townships in Yangon Region.
To strengthen TB prevention by conducting patient-centered community-based MDR-TB care and treatment support model.
Awareness raising on TB burden among the community.
- Conduct Patient-centered community-based MDR-TB care and Treatment Support
Model by using Standardized Package of support, guideline by NTP.
- Patient support (30 USD per Patient per month)
- Evening DOT for MDR-TB patients
- Nutritional support (packaging and delivering)
- Infection Control
- Health Education and Adherence Counselling
- Household contact Tracing and referral
- Side Effect Monitoring and Referral
Area coverage 13 townships in Yangon Region.
Population covered 2,138,923